Bryan Singer is keeping the fans excited for the next entry in the X-Men franchise by posting photos and short videos from the filming location. To keep you guys updated of what’s in store for next year, here are 12 things that you should know about X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Apocalypse is considered the oldest mutant alive. He was born almost 5000 years ago in a city called Aqaba. His mutant gene gave him freakish gray skin that leads to him becoming an outcast to his people.
- His real name is ‘En Sabah Nur’, which means ‘The First One’ in Arabic. He was gifted with immortality and a handful of terrifyingly powerful abilities such as regeneration, superhuman strength, telepathy, and the ability to alter his molecules to whatever form suits him.
- The movie has several filming locations, one of which is Montreal, Quebec. They also built giant sets of Egyptian tombs and Storm’s hometown Cairo, Egypt.
- Tye Sheridan has been cast as the younger Cyclops. Known for his roles in Tree of Life, Mud, and Joe – the young actor will play the role of the teenage Scott Summers in the 2016 film.
- Aside from his Four Horsemen, Apocalypse also founded a group of fanatics devoted to the Darwinian ideals that “the strong shall inherit the earth and the weak should be culled”. This group is called the Riders of the Dark.
- Apocalypse was created by writer Louise Simonson and artist Walter Simonson for the Marvel comics ‘X-Factor #5’, released in June 1986. The 2016 film will mark his first actual appearance in the big screen after a younger apocalypse was show in the post-credit scene of X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- X-Men Apocalypse will open to theaters worldwide on May 27th, 2016. Next year will also mark Deadpool’s introduction in the X-Men universe as well as the release of Gambit’s solo film.
- Moira MacTaggert, the CIA agent from X-men First Class, will be back for X-Men Apocalypse. Played by actress Rose Byrne, she is the agent that helped the x-men and became a love interest for the young Professor Xavier.
- Oscar Isaac will play the main villain of the film, Apocalypse. He is also set to appear in this year’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens as Poe Dameron.
- X-Men Apocalypse began principal shooting in April 2015 at Montreal and is currently in production as of this writing.
- According to Marvel’s official power ratings, Apocalypse is considered one of the strongest mutants ever. He is rated as having immense strength, considerable speed, high durability and extreme intelligence. He is also skilled in fighting and energy projection.
- Apocalypse employs a group of mutants called The Four Horsemen for his evil plans, taking the titles of Death, Famine, War and Pestilence. He persuades them using his power or with other means, during which he converts them and augments their mutant abilities. He also gives them outfits with specially designed weapons and equipment using his advanced technology. The Four Horsemen in the movie will be Angel (Ben Hardy), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Psylocke (Olivia Munn) and Magneto (Michael Fassbender).
About the Author:
Cyrel P. Nicolas is a writer, information wanderer, movie addict and internet marketing specialist for almost 5 years at CollabUX Web Solutions Co – a web and software development company that provides quality websites, applications and other IT services. Currently, he is the marketing director of LightsOnLocation – a premier directory of filming locations.