Lucas Stand #1
Lucas Stand is not doing well. His job is a joke, his body is in pain and his mental health is essentially non-existent. It is only after he tries to end it all does his life get interesting. After what should have been the end, Lucas wakes up with a man asking him to join him in a mission. Obviously confused, Lucas has no idea what to do, but with some reluctance he joins the team. The team is not what he expects, waking up in 1945 completely unaware of what he is supposed to do.
- A very mature comic, it feels like it is darker and more “realistic” themes than a lot of other comics. I mean, eventually ends up in a fantasy-type realm but the issues he is facing is something very real, PTSD and the after effects of War.
- With time travel on the table there’s a lot of potential for story.
- A little confusing. The character is as confused as is the reader. I feel like things will get explained as the series progresses, however there is a lot left unanswered and it leaves everything a bit lost.
- I hope it doesn’t brush over the characters issues in the rest of the story. They did a good job to establish his problems with drugs, alcohol and his past, but I hope they don’t ignore it as they move forward because it would then all be irrelevant.
- The art was really interesting. They do a really good job of changing the colour themes based on the location. They also differentiate the appearance of the people in the different time periods well.