Morgan’s Organs #1
Have you seen the movie Inside Out? Morgan’s Organs is like Inside Out if it were written by Seth McFarlane. The story begins with the main character enjoying a particularly dirty dream when his brain wakes him up. The brain and the penis have to try and decide who is better for Morgan when it comes to how he interacts with the people around him.
- Must say, it caught me off guard at first. I wasn’t expecting the unapologetic look at what runs through a persons head. But they do a good job of making it relatable and not too crazy, given that most people do get conflicting opinions from their bodies.
- Feels like a rated R Inside Out, which is kind of fun.
- I don’t know that I will ever be able to get the “woman” in Morgan’s dream out of my mind. It is burned in there deep and I don’t love that it will remain there. It was funny, but also kind of gross.
- Not sure where we will go from the end of the comic, but let’s hope poor Morgan can find a lady soon.
- Morgan’s Organs has a very cutesy-style of drawings which is a high contrast to the extremely adult subject matter which is a fun contradiction. If you are going to have a main character be a penis, you may as well have it wearing a silly hat.
- They make all the organs have their own style based on their use which is fun. I particularly liked the Appendix who has no purpose but it filled with useful information.