Red Dog #1
Red Dog is the story about a colony of humans who have moved to another planet to mine a substance that has enabled Imperium which allows people to travel through time and space. Unfortunately the substance is on a particularly inhabitable planet, so the few amount of humans living there have to survive on rations and stay within a dome. Young Kylo was the first child born in the settlement and was given an impressive robot dog named Q to keep him company.
- Kylo seems like a very enthusiastic and sweet kid who just wants to fit in where there doesn’t seem to be a place for him. He feels very relatable to anyone who may have been a bit of an outcast growing up.
- I want a robot dog. He is amazing and I want him to be in the story more.
- Story seems to hint at the conflict just enough to make you want to keep reading.
- The hints of conflict are left very much in the air so those who hate cliff hangers might want to wait for the 6 issue run is complete.
- Moves a little bit slow to build up the back story first but it picks up by the end, leaving the aforementioned cliff hanger.
- Has an almost futuristic feel with parts of it. The humans obviously look human, but they do a good job of mixing the robotics into the more agricultural environment.
- Once again, I love Q. He is so cute and happy and reminds me of my own clumsy dog even though he is completely robotic.