The Adventures of Miru #1
The Adventures of Miru begin with a backstory of a distant land that has undergone a traumatic war that has resulted in all the dragons being put into an eternal slumber. The problem is, a mysterious crash turns out to be a small dragon who has no idea how he got there. After being healed, the dragon has to go along on a search for answers without raising suspicions from the people in the town.
- Extremely unique looking, with a variety of characters that range from dragons to robots.
- Builds anticipation for the coming books by introducing the characters well enough to understand the “bad guys” vs the “good guys”.
- Extremely detailed world with backstory explained to give hints to the reader on the issues the characters might encounter.
- While the details of the backstory are impressive, they are a little bit much for the first two panels of book. But once you pass by the backstory the flow picks up pace and falls into a more adventurous rhythm.
- They explained a lot of the history of the world, but kept hinting at the concern over the robot. I hope they go into that in future issues because he definitely stands out as an outsider when compared to the rest of the characters.
- The art in the book was really fun and colourful. With the wide variety of characters, it was impressive that no two characters looked alike.
- The dragon they find is especially unique, looking much different than the typical dragon we see represented in media.