Vampire Emmy and the Garbage Girl
Vampire Emmy and the Garbage Girl is a sweet love story about an immortal, blood-drinking vampire who just wants to stay home and watch Netflix but falls for the garbage girl, Annabelle. The problem is, how can a vampire date a normal girl if she cant even go out into the sun?
After trying to convince herself that the risk is worth it, she tries flirting via the trash. Sounds romantic right? But it works and she gets her date which goes really well until Annabelle runs out of the restaurant leaving Emmy stunned. Following her into the alley against herbier judgement she discovers she isn’t the only one with a secret.
- Emmy is really relatable even though she is a vampire. It is nice to see a character written with depth and humour that comes across very well in the short book.
- The flirtation is adorable, trying to navigate Emmy’s inability to go out in the sun using the only way she can communicate – the trash.
- It’s nice to see a vampire story that isn’t brooding and dark, this book is quite light, fun and sweet with Annabelle and Emmy creating a really fun dynamic.
- The only thing I m confused about is how Emmy found someone to deliver her blood. Unless it was hinting that she ate the delivery guy, but it doesn’t seem to be that kind of story.
- I don’t really have anything negative to say about this book. It is a sweet little story with a lot of heart and fun. I would like an entire side story about Emmy’s pet Gargoyle and that Racoon, but other than that it is overall adorable.
- Unique style that at first I was unsure of but quickly grew to love. It is almost old fashioned with the faces looking like older comics. Very high contrast and very artfully done.